Business Law ~ Business Litigation ~
Why choose Cornerpoint as your small business attorney?
(1) We are passionate about helping Pacific Northwest businesses manage risk. Business attorney Stacia Hofmann is an endorser of smart risk-taking and subscriber to the maxim, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” That’s why you’ll find us at the corner of legal advice and risk management. We form businesses, draft legal documents for business transactions, and advise on legal regulations. But, in addition to these traditional business law services that help build your business, we also offer proactive legal risk management consulting to help protect it:
- Contracts – We draft, review, and revise business agreements and other contracts to position and protect businesses.
- Employment – We advise on the employer/employee relationship to reduce the likelihood of discrimination, worker’s compensation, and other employment-related claims.
- Insurance – We provide insurance coverage advice, particularly with respect to business liability.
- Torts – We create policies and procedures designed to prevent injuries and tort damages to customers, clients, and the public, and provide precautionary legal defenses to help minimize the consequences of possible lawsuits.
- Cyber Risk – We provide cyber risk management, including legal compliance and cyber insurance advice.
(2) We will fight for you. Stacia is a litigator who has represented hundreds of businesses in court. Risk management is absolutely critical in litigation, so if a business dispute arises, we not only vigorously advocate for you, but we also provide you with the legal information you need to make the best choices for your business.
(3) We make hiring a lawyer seamless and convenient. We know that your time is valuable and that hiring an attorney is typically a “need” rather than a “want.” With our online intake process, clients provide us with case-related information on their own schedule. Since we’re a paperless office (meaning we don’t print or snail mail unless preferred), we heavily rely on technology for communicating with clients. Prefer video chat to the telephone? We Skype and Zoom. Or, with our fully mobile office, we meet clients at a time and place that works for them – traffic and expensive parking begone! And when it is time for the payment of legal fees, we prefer the universal ease and security of PayPal (except for deposits into our trust account, which we require by check).
Although Cornerpoint primarily represents businesses, we also occasionally represent individuals in business-related matters, applying the same legal and risk management principles we use with our business clients.
Legal Advice + Risk Management. On Point For Your Business.
In her current blog series, Seller Beware: Navigating the Washington Product Liability Act, attorney and risk manager Stacia Hofmann covers the competing categories of product seller and service provider, the different subcategories within the product seller category, and why Washington businesses need to know where they likely fall. The concluding post in the series recaps the WPLA product seller categories, discusses three recent product liability cases, and provides risk management tips for product sellers. Also, subscribers to our newsletter, which you may join by clicking here, receive a free pdf eBook compilation of Stacia’s blogposts.
Should employers allow dogs in the workplace? Stacia Hofmann reviews the risks in Washington and Idaho and offers tips to prevent litigation and reduce losses in the blogpost Work Like a Dog.
Comparing two Seattle juries that decided the same case, Stacia Hofmann discusses the virtues of using risk management to avoid a jury trial in the blogpost Jury Verdicts: Far from a Sure Bet.
On its website and through social media, Cornerpoint Law links to content on other websites. Cornerpoint Law is not responsible for the content of other websites, and the content of those websites is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or current and should not be relied on as legal advice. Through social media, Cornerpoint Law connects with other businesses, organizations, and individuals. Cornerpoint Law is not responsible for the content, views, or opinions of those with whom it connects. Cornerpoint Law’s social media connections are in no way recommendations or endorsements of connections.